From Night to Day

  Our dear mom is drawing near the end of her journey here on earth. It has been a fast three weeks since she was diagnosed with multiple Myeloma and kidney failure--not something we wanted to hear. But the Lord is our strength and is carrying us through this difficult time. It is good to be safe in the Father's hands.
                                                                   
 From Night to Day
                                                               
Lord, many things happen
which I don't understand... 
floods and famine, children hurt,
the suffering of a friend.
                                                               
How should I pray?
    That sorrow and suffering cease?
That your hand of healing
would quickly bring relief?

But, then my faith falters
and I often feel confused.
My mind is full of questions
whose answers are refused.

Even so, I know you love me.
I know you have a plan,
and when the rains come pouring down,
oh Lord, you're in command.

For you lost your own dear Son,
You suffered as He died.
Because you loved the world so much
Jesus was crucified.

You watched and let it happen.
You did not interfere.
His death would bring eternal life,
the reward of every tear.

And so my tears will also end in joy.
Knowing this brings comfort as I pray
and watch the dark night hours
slowly turn to day...
and watch the dark night hours
slowly turn to day. 
c. JLL



                                              

Comments

Popular Posts