Running This Race

   Our friend, Art, recently wrote an email updating us on all of the things he and his wife have been doing for the past several months. He shared that he had finished seven years of Bible Study Fellowship and was debating about starting it for the eighth time around. To Art, now in his 70's,  the course was important in helping him continue on his "journey to sanctification." What faithfulness and dedication in studying God's Word! I was inspired!
    These verses came to mind: "... and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross..." (Hebrew 12: 1b-2a) I tried to write it down for Art  from memory, but ended up having to get out my NIV Bible.  
     I am so glad I did because something new jumped out at me as I read those verses and typed them in my reply. It was the phrase "the race marked out for us." Imagine that! God has carefully marked out the course of our lives as if on a race track....each of us with our own particular course and our own race to be run. May the Lord grant us the necessary strength to finish the race victoriously and may he receive all of the glory!
 

Comments

Popular Posts