Detours and Delays

     We were on our way home after having physical exams at Sansum Clinic in Santa Barbara when there was a call on Al’s cell phone. Someone asking for Judy....hmmm. Very strange! I answered and was surprised to hear the voice of a woman from the clinic calling.
     There was some uncertainty about my mammogram. She wanted to know if we were still in the area. We had already gone about a half hour south, but decided to turn around and return to SB. Many thoughts went through my mind on the way back, but the promise that the Lord gave to Joshua in Joshua 1:9 held me steady. No need to be afraid. He was with me.
     When we got there, I went directly to the radiology department for more testing.  The results showed nothing of concern, praise the Lord, so we made another start for home, which would be about a four to five hour drive.
     Along the way, we were alerted to a problem on the eastbound highway by a flashing sign: Traffic accident ahead, all four lanes closed.  As we approached the site of the accident, traffic slowed to a crawl. A huge semi was in the center of the highway, the cab smashed in. Al and I realized that had we not stopped for lunch after the physical exams and then been called to go back to the clinic we might have been involved in that catastrophe.
    We had two things for which to be thankful as we headed towards Springville 1) my good health and 2) getting home safely. Thank you Lord!
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9 NIV

Comments

Popular Posts