Something to ask...and something to do!

   I recently read an inspiring write-up about a professor at the University of Pennsylvania who not only excelled in teaching biochemistry, but who also was credited for really caring about his students. Nearly all of the people who were interviewed in the article praised him for his availability and for taking the time to listen, especially when struggling with their studies as well as other life issues. Most commented that the professor would always end a conversation with the question, "How can I be praying for you?" They had the assurance that he would indeed spend time in prayer and knew that he would be there when they needed him.
    So, while I was sitting at my little "Good News!" table at the Springville Farmer's market today, that same question came to mind. I decided to write down the names of the people who shared specific needs or concerns. There were several...ranging from a young woman who will be traveling to New York City for six-day intensive workshop in the arts, to a person who lost four fingers in a terrible accident a couple of months ago.
    "How can I be praying for you?" It's a great question, reflecting God's heart of love and concern for His children.

Dear Lord, please help me to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit's leading, and to know when to ask and when just to pray. I do want to be faithful to pray for the needs of others. In Jesus' name, Amen.

   
   

Comments

Popular Posts