Mind Boggling

     My shift as a “Pink Lady” at the hospital’s gift shop was over. It was time to close up for the day, which involved turning out the lights, bringing in the sign, locking the doors and counting the money. The first three things were easy…no problem. But when it came to balancing the books, nothing seemed to work out right.
     First there was too much money in the register, then too little. It was obvious that  I was doing something wrong…but what? The minutes slipped by.  It was getting dark outside and I still had to pick up a pie from a nearby grocery store before the twenty minute drive home.
     I was a math major in college…it should have been a snap! My brain definitely had become fuzzier over the years. I knew my hearing, eyesight and physical stamina had diminished, but my gray matter? Finally I just gave up and left a note with the money, receipts, and tape from the register.
    The thought came to me that I should give up working there, that it was too much for me. But hey, humility is a good thing, as is trusting in the Lord completely. No reason to quit…just another reason to trust Him!  Humility and faith are some of the "perks" of aging!  :)  

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight.
  Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones." Proverbs 3:5-8 NIV 


Comments

Popular Posts