An Unexpected Blessing and a New Birth!

     Thursday morning, the phone rang while I was sitting at the desk with my Bible opened in front of me. It was a person to whom I had just been introduced at our Wednesday evening small group. She was fairly new to our church and had filled out a response card asking for someone to help mentor her spiritually. Since I had expressed an interest in  mentoring a young woman, the pastor put us together!
     I hadn't expected her to call so soon however, and was surprised to hear her voice on the other end of the line. She was very candid, asking for help in growing spiritually. How did one find God? She wanted to know Him better but didn't know where to start.
     "The people at the church are so happy," she commented. "I want to surround myself with happy people so that I can be happy too." When I asked her if she had ever asked Jesus to come into her heart, she responded that she hadn't, but would like to!
     We continued to share,  looked up scriptures and prayed together before hanging up. At that time,she made a life-changing decision to begin a personal relationship with God by asking Jesus to forgive her for her sins and to come into her life as her Lord and Savior.
    "I feel nervous," she said, not sure about what would happen next.
    "Not me," I exclaimed. "I am excited!"
     And I really am excited because I know that God answered her prayer and that she has taken the first step in the beginning of a brand new relationship with Him. Please keep her in your prayers, that she might grow spiritually and that her entire family would be impacted by her decision. I would appreciate your prayers to love her unconditionally and to have the wisdom through the power of the Holy Spirit to help her. Thanks! Ü

"I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born again." John 3:3b NIV

"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20 NIV

Comments

Popular Posts