What Timing!

We were driving up to the Bay Area yesterday for a doctor's appointment when I had to ask Al to find the nearest restroom. It was aggravating because we had already stopped several times for the same reason. Too much hot tea and water, I guess.

Thankfully, a gas station appeared just off the highway a few minutes later. As we drove into the parking lot, we noticed a small figure sitting on the pavement at the corner of the building. It looked like a man wearing a flannel shirt and a baseball cap, perhaps a double amputee.

 I wondered out loud, "How can he possibly get around?"

"Why don't you give him a 'packet of hope?' " Al asked, referring to the baggies of supplies we give out to the homeless and needy individuals in our town. I had to go to the bathroom, but decided to give him the packet of hope first, while he was still there.

 "Would you like some food?" I asked, approaching the person. To my surprise, the person stood up using a pair of little crutches, not an amputee after all nor a man, but a very small and severely disabled woman. She gladly received the food, saying "God bless you" over and over. "I'm waiting for the bus," she added.

She told me her name. "I'll be praying for you," I said. She was a sweet woman. God's timing is amazing! Even a restroom stop can be an opportunity to share His love with someone in need. Praise the Lord!

Comments

Popular Posts