Sources of Comfort

    Many encouraging responses were received to the article, “Looking Behind or Looking Up?” written during the trials of moving.  God is teaching me through this experience to trust in and depend upon Him more. The following words along with encouragement from other friends and family have helped keep my focus where it needs to be— centered on the Lord.
    “Oh, Judy; I so relate to this....I remember vividly the day I was washing dishes at the sink the day after Susanna (youngest child) left for college, lamenting that I would miss having her in the kitchen with me, going for walks…but suddenly I was impressed with ‘Shame on you,’ and the reminder that I needed to focus on the blessing of having had her in our home and to be thankful for God's gifts, of which I had been blessed with many.  And then, like you, I started down that path when we were getting ready to move from our home of 30 years in Lancaster.  Continuing to pray for you, my dear friend!  Sending much love, JoAnn”
    “I understand what you're going through. Never knew how much I'd miss the mountains. Now I experience the comfort of neighborhood friends and yes, those car noises are hard to get used to. Hang in there. God's in control. Ann Marie”
   “You have expressed well the feelings I have had each time I have moved—even from one apartment to another.  All the daily views, neighbors, activities take on an additional level of treasured joy.  Now, as my mother used to say to me on another of our military family moves:  ‘If we hadn't moved here you wouldn't have met (fill in the current best friend's name) and if we don't move, you won't get to meet your next new best friend.’  That was always true and still is!  Blessings my friend.  Leslie”
    “When you move, you will miss the clean air, the trees, the mountains, the animals and the friendly people.  Leaving all of that will be very hard. But what awaits you is exciting too. New adventures, new friends, new surroundings, and family! Love, Jeanne”
   And another friend who recently moved from California Hot Springs shared, “Think I understand where you are right now—we were there a little over 3 years ago.  You will definitely miss the moments of your life in Springville, but you have so many wonderful gifts and surprises awaiting you…I am excited to hear the new adventures God has planned and waiting for you in Michigan.  His love is so lavish…Joyce.”
   All very heartfelt words, greatly appreciated, as well as the offers to come and help us pack! Oh and the prayers too! Thank you everyone!
   There is also an inspiring memory from Thanksgiving which has helped me keep the right perspective, when Elliot (5) climbed up into his mom’s lap just to give her a hug.  After embracing each other for several minutes, he got down and went on his way. Shanda told me that this routine started one particular day when Elliot gave her a big bear hug and said, “Mommy, can we always stay this way?”
    What a beautiful picture of our relationship with the Lord, who invites us to come, leave our burdens behind and sit on his lap. While we can’t physically do this, we can close our eyes and imagine ourselves sitting on his lap like a little child, looking into his smiling face, reveling in his presence and love. In the midst of all of the craziness of life, that is where I want to be!

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28 NIV





Comments

Popular Posts