A great mom...

    Al and I were delighted to see a pair of Canada geese swimming around our pond, exploring the small island in the center of the pond and feeding on the grass along the edge. Evidently they liked what they found because a few days later we noticed the female sitting on a nest on the island.
    Then came April showers--two solid days of rain, and thunder in the night. I thought about her every time the thunder boomed. I would have been out of there in a flash. But she sat on her eggs faithfully in the midst of the downpour. Thankfully there was no hail!
    Al reminded me that she was covered with goose down and would be warm. Hmmm, I forgot about that. God always takes care of the smallest details, doesn't He?  And Mrs. Goose is proving to be a great mom!
     Lord help me to be as faithful, and to have as much perseverance in living for you. I love you, Judy

P.S.Will keep you posted on the saga of Mrs. Goose and her eggs. How long does it take for goose eggs to hatch, by the way?  (This photo was taken in the spring of '08. The geese didn't stay.)
     

Comments

Popular Posts