Our two new fur sons!

  Al, Tigger the cat, and I now have two new members in the family...Teddy and TJ. I found them online one evening when just browsing through pet adoption websites. Teddy's picture came up first...a young, happy golden retriever, with a swimming pool in the background. The write up said that he had been ditched somewhere outside of Bakersfield, and was taken to a foster home. He was mellow, good natured, a little shy from his shaky start in life and a great swimmer! Oh, and he had a little pal, a 6 month old black lab whom he dearly loved.
     Later, Al and I talked about Teddy. Maybe we could adopt him...maybe TJ too. We had been thinking about getting two dogs.These two seemed ideal. However, when I went back to the computer, I couldn't remember the name of the rescue organization that had listed Teddy.  After spending alot of time trying to find him, I finally prayed and asked the Lord to help me.
     "If you want us to adopt these dogs, dear Lord, please take me back to the right location." And He did! Shortly afterwards, the picture of Teddy came up again on the screen. Al thought it would be a good choice, so with a couple of clicks of the mouse, we put down a deposit for both dogs. Two days later, they were ours!
      We are full swing into pet parenting again, and are loving it! They are so much fun and have an amazing amount of energy. I'm covered with blonde hair, my face is sticky with dog kisses, there's a paw print on the back of my t-shirt and I am filled with pure joy!
        Thank you for these two little blessings, dear Lord! Help us to be good pet parents. In Jesus' name, Amen.
(Pictures still to come)

Comments

Popular Posts