Thinking of Ten Thousand Blessings!

    I'm learning a new worship song on the keyboard—10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord) by Matt Redman. It is an inspiring song with a tune that stays in my mind all day long.
    While listening to it online, I decided to start writing down reasons to bless the Lord during my “quiet time” every morning and wondered how long it would take to come up with ten thousand of them! Well, I haven’t hit the 500 mark yet after about two weeks. But, it has been a joy to thank him for the limitless wonderful attributes of the Father, Son, Holy Spirit and of the Bible. Then there are the personal blessings he has showered down on Al and me and upon our family.With 200 "blessings" written on the front and back of one page, it would take about fifty sheets of paper to reach 10,000.
    Well, getting binder paper is easy, and there really isn’t a time limit to reach this goal.  I’m hoping that it will become a habit, so that when I get up from my quiet time and leave the room, I can continue to make a mental list, thanking him for each thing that comes to mind throughout the day.
    
    “The sun comes up, it’s a new day dawning; it’s time to sing Your song again. Whatever may pass and whatever lies before me, let me be singing when the evening comes Bless the Lord O my soul; O my soul. Worship His holy name. Sing like never before, O my soul. I’ll worship your holy name.  You’re rich in love and You’re slow to anger. Your name is great, and Your heart is kind. For all Your goodness, I will keep on singing; Ten thousand reasons for my heart to find…” Jonas Myrin & Matt Redman  (There are several reasons to bless the Lord right here in this song. Can you find them???)
  

Comments

Popular Posts