Are you sure?

      Today's date, February 8 has been marked on the calendar and etched in my mind for several weeks now. My left eye has been blurry, like looking through waxed paper; so I had scheduled an appointment with an ophthamologist in Visalia, California. The time for the appointment was noted in two places: the  wall calendar and cell phone calendar. The receptionist from the office even called a couple of days ago and left a voice mail telling the time of the appointment--10:15.
      So why did I think it was at 10:45????? We arrived at the office this a.m. only to find out that we were thirty minutes late! My first response? I was sure it was 10:45 and that they had made an error. Then Al showed me his cell phone. Oooh...        
      They were nice enough to fit me in and didn't even scold me. Of course I had to check the wall calendar  when we got home just to make sure! 10:15 in my own handwriting. And the message on the answering machine confirmed it.
      Just goes to show that sometimes we can be dead sure that we are right about something...and be dead wrong!

"He who trusts in himself is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom is kept safe." Proverbs 28:26 NIV

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV

Comments

Popular Posts