Appreciation and Ooey-Gooey Bars

When I was working my volunteer shift at the hospital gift shop today (Friday), I happened to notice a poster which declared that this was Volunteer Appreciation Week. Ah ha! That explained the beautiful luncheon for volunteers on Thursday, with a little gift at each place setting. I couldn't stay for the program or drawing afterwards due to a last minute dentist appointment.

As I arrived this morning, one of the ladies told me that my ticket had been drawn and I could pick up my gift in the office. Before opening the shop, I ran down and got the gift, thanking them for the wonderful luncheon. I felt a little guilty receiving the special goody bag after leaving early...and also because I don't do hardly anything compared to so many other of the volunteers there.

Mid-morning another staff member dropped in with a tray of blueberry scones and a big smile on her face. Before leaving, she gave me an ooey-gooey bar...a chocolate covered confection with nuts on the top from a local candy store.

 Oh...and when Al came to pick me up after my shift, he said, "Look in this bag. There's a surprise!" He had stopped by the store and had picked up some more treats. Goodness! Appreciation and love was being poured on thick!

A message of appreciation certainly gives us a warm, wonderful feeling, doesn't it? I decided to spread the warm fuzzies around a little and began telling some of the people who came across my path how much I appreciated them, including my husband! Appreciation is easy to give away, like smiles!

"A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver." Proverbs 25:23 NIV

PS. The ooey-gooey bar was over the top!

Comments

Popular Posts