Where oh Where Could the Missing Diamond Be?

After mom passed away in 2010, my sisters and I looked through her jewelry box at her "treasures" which held special memories for us. I tried on her wedding ring and thin gold engagement band and was surprised when they fit the ring finger of my right hand. Jan and Jill agreed that I should take them.

I don't go in for alot of jewelry; but these were special and helped me remember her often as I wore them on my right hand and my own wedding ring on my left. It was a shock then, to discover a few months ago that the diamond had fallen out of her ring. Where could it be and how could it have fallen out?

The same thing had happened to my own ring a few years ago, with the replacement diamond being very expensive. Sadly, I put mom's ring away, with a prayer that the Lord knew exactly where it was and that He would lead me to it at the right time. I had a sense of peace leaving it in His hands.

One evening last week, I had to walk through the darkened living room to get to our study, so I turned on a little lamp. A sparkle down on the carpet caught my eye. Would you believe that it was the diamond? We had walked over it and I had even vacummed that area several times. Thank you Lord!

Al took mom's ring to the jeweler's yesterday to have the diamond reset. I'm still amazed and awed at that answer to prayer. You know, there isn't anything we can do to earn God's incredible love, but receive it, thank Him and live completely, one hundred percent for Him.

"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!" 1John 3:1a NIV

Comments

Popular Posts