Lesson From a Bike Ride down Globe Drive!

Sights on Globe Drive..."Are you my dad?"

While riding my bicycle over to Rosemary’s house for my weekly keyboard lesson, it suddenly dawned on me that I needed to pedal harder! Somehow I always forget the hard work involved in bike riding, especially when going up all of the little hills on the way to her house.

My legs felt like they were very out of shape, even though they carry me around our property several times daily, chasing after our two young energetic doggies. And by the time I got to her house, my heart was beating, really beating. Pounding is a better word! I was winded.

The ride home wasn’t any easier. I had to use the easiest gear on fairly level road; even with that help, a fellow zipped by me on his racing bike, gone in the blink of an eye. Would concentrating on pedaling, especially on the uphill part, make it any easier? Actually, it only seemed to tire me out more.

But when I started thinking about the passing scenery…a little colt lying down next to his adopted dad (a huge white Brahman bull with floppy ears), butterfly bushes with long purple blooms, the neighbor’s pond with a happy coot swimming on it…those things made the time go by faster and gave me a boost of energy.  

Thank you, God, for creating such beauty for us to see, enjoy and gain inspiration to pedal just a little harder!

(picture taken by Al Lowery)

Comments

Popular Posts