Another "First" in my Life!

It's always fun when something different happens in our lives...I call them "firsts..." like the first time I ever experienced a lockdown while teaching elementary school in Porterville or the first time I found out about the difference between the brake pedal and the gas pedal in my parents' car!

Last week, there was a phone call from a woman who said she had met me in the Springville library while a knitting group was in progress. I had given her my telephone number and told her to call me some time if she wanted to come to church. This was all a very vague memory to me, being absorbed in  knitting at the time. Sure am glad I stopped knitting long enough to visit her and had invited her to church!

After months of trying to decide whether or not to call, she finally found the courage and with a very timid voice asked if she could go to church with me. Things worked out perfectly for Al and I to do that today. We met her  in front of her apartment early this morning and had the chance to become acquainted on the drive to town.

The service  was a good time of worship, as well as very applicable message for Father's Day, with the main point being for fathers to love their children unconditionally so that they might come to accept the amazing love that God, their heavenly Father, has for them. The three of us talked about the message on the way home and were able to pray together before saying "good-bye."

It was a new "first,"the first time a "stranger" has called and asked to go to church with us, as well as the beginning of a new friendship! Loved it! Thank you, Lord! Ü

Comments

Popular Posts