Here I Am!


“From one man, he made every nation of man, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’” *

Picking a topic to write about this week was difficult. The purpose of the “Good News!” articles has been to show how the Lord is present and actively working in my life as well as in the lives of others. However, it seemed like nothing really great or earth-shattering had happened. The sad news of people losing jobs, having to go to food banks, of loved ones passing away and of others battling sickness seemed to overshadow everything else.

In spite of taking time every day to pray for direction, read the Bible and reflect through journaling, my mind was blank. On the day that I had intended to spend writing, there still wasn’t a clear answer; however, the words, “Here I am!” repeatedly came to mind.

While writing in my notebook, I remembered how the Lord worked out the details of an interview with a friend last week and how faithful He has been to give me guidance and direction time and time again. I just had to stop worrying and trust Him, to be patient…and yes, believe that He was here even though I didn’t feel His presence.

My journaling had just been completed when the phone rang. A neighbor was standing on the sidewalk in front of our house holding her cell phone and waving. I waved back through the front room window. She asked for prayer for her husband who had been injured in a bike accident the night before. As she continued on her way, Al and I prayed with her over the phone.

Not long afterwards, there was a loud pounding on the door from the two little girls who live in the house next to ours. It had been weeks since our last visit and they just wanted to talk! That was a treat, since Al and I have both missed seeing our grandchildren during this time of confinement.

The girls informed me that they had found the bright blue rock I painted for them at Easter. It had been hidden in plain view, easy to find. So, it was my turn. They had hidden it somewhere in our yard.  

“Well, when I find it, I’m going to hide it again. So, keep your eyes peeled!” I told them. Fun! The words on the rock? “He is alive! Happy Easter!”  

Nothing to write about? Later I remembered meeting a woman in our neighborhood while taking a stroll with Teddy and TJ. For several months I had wondered about an unusual sign in the front yard of one house: “Be a Hero! Kidney Donor Needed.”

As I was walking past that same house a few days ago, a woman happened to be outside removing some Easter decorations. It would have been easy to walk on by, especially since TJ was pulling on his leash wanting to forge ahead. Instead, I led the dogs across the street to the sidewalk in front of her house.

 “Hi,” I said, “I’ve walked by your house many times and have noticed the sign for a kidney donor. Who in the family needs a new kidney?”

“I’m the one,” she said and went on to explain how she had received a kidney and pancreas transplant several years ago, but that recently her body began to reject the kidney. Dialysis was not currently needed; however, it would be required soon. Waiting to find a donor was hard.

 Upon parting, I told her that I would be praying for her. It was amazing that we happened to meet; and I went on my way, thanking God for guiding me to choose that particular route and for His perfect timing.

So, has the Lord been working in my life this week? Your life? You bet! He is here always, faithfully working in us, around us and through us even if we aren’t aware of it.  May our ears be open to hear His voice and our eyes be open to seeing His presence. He loves us!

*Acts 17:26-28 NIV
                                   









Comments

Popular Posts