Thanksgiving Dinner for the Soul



Getting ready for the big meal! Hungry??? “I am the Lord your God who brought you up out of Egypt.  Open your mouth wide and I will fill it.” Psalm 81:10NIV

Appetizers: “Taste and see that the Lord is good. Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.” Psalm 34:8NIV

Sitting down at the table: “Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost. Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy?”  Isaiah 55:1-2aNIV

The Turkey with all of its trimmings: “Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare.” Isaiah 55:2bNIV

Vegetables…yams, mashed potatoes, green bean casseroles: “Better a meal of vegetables where there is   love than a fattened calf with hatred.” Proverbs 15:17NIV

Cranberries & fruit: “He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.” Psalm 1:3NIV (Who? The person who delights in the law of the Lord.)

Bread and hot rolls: “Jesus answered, ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’ ” Matthew 4: 4NIV

Drinks: “On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, ‘If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink.’ ” John 7:37NIV

Dessert…pumpkin pie and more! “How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth.” Psalm 119:103NIV

And then it’s time to sit back and rest. Mission accomplished! “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” Matthew 11:28-29NIV

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!   Love Al and Judy







No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 9.0.872 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/3277 - Release Date: 11/24/10 11:34:00

Comments

Popular Posts