Appreciating my Bible and the freedom I have to worship God...

  I just finished a story of the vision of the underground church in China to share the good news of Jesus with the people of North Korea. Back to the Jerusalem of the East tells the amazing story of  Chinese missionaries reaching out to their Korean neighbors risking severe punishment and perhaps even death, if  captured. It is an incredible book which has inspired me to pray for the persecuted church daily.
   Just after finishing the book, an email came from a dear friend who has been to China several times. Wanted to share it with you and perhaps you will be inspired to pray as well! God bless you!
China continues to be in our hearts and on our minds. Recently we received these two items: First, a letter from our friends who publish Bibles that are taken into China passed along the letter below from a very grateful pastor in Northern China, thanking him for the Bibles they had recently received.
And secondly, the youtube video at the bottom... well, it says it all.
Thank you for your prayers and continued love.
Pat and Sylvia
________________________________________________________________


"I do not know who you are but I think you so much for providing a Bible for me.

"I do not know how you know that we still need Bibles in China, I believe God must speak to you through the Holy Spirit, thank you so much for your love for giving me my first owned Bible and I have been a Christian for 8 years now.

"I am working in a small town in Northern part of China, winter is very cold here, I have middle school education, become a Christian 8 years ago when I was in my last year in middle school, a classmate who is a Christian share the Gospel with me and I went with him to the house church and 3 months later, I understand salvation, and baptized and become a Christian.  However, our church is always lack of Bibles, and sometime our pastor get some Bibles and always give away to those we think they are in more needs.  I always want to have my own Bibles but there is no place I can buy so I am waiting and waiting that my pastor will think it should be my turn to have a Bible and I waited for 8 years.

"Five months ago, my pastor give me a small package packed with newspaper after Sunday service, he said, “this is a gift from God”, so I ask him what is it, and he said, “I know you have been waiting for so long to have this, thank you for your patience, today, this book is yours.”  When the pastor said “this book” I know it must be a Bible, tears came out from my eyes, I gripped my pastor’s hand and ask him to pray for me, I ask for wisdom to understand the Bible when I read it, today, after 5 months, I ready read the whole Bible 2 times, not that I understand it all, but I just love to read the Bible, thank you, I hope I can pay you back in heaven, I think I can afford to pay you back, just let me know how much.  Anyway, thank you for your understanding that we cannot buy a Bible in China and your gift is the best gift I have even received in my life, thank you so much."  From Brother Chen 



New Bibles arriving in China
 ….you think they are excited about that?
This video needs no words…..!

Comments

Popular Posts