A Whole New Appreciation!

    Last Saturday morning I was getting my little "Good News!" table set up at the Farmer's Market in Springville when someone  yelled, "Al's been hit by a car!"
    Al had just left to go to a nearby market for a couple of things I needed. He decided to walk, since it was only a block away. As he was crossing the intersection, a woman making a right turn in her vehicle ran into him, hitting him on the back of the leg. It caught Al completely by surprise, throwing him up into the air and spinning him around. He landed on both knees and an elbow, in the middle of the road.
     By the time I reached him, two ladies--one a paramedic--were by his side.The driver continued down the street, unaware of what had just happened. Something must have caught her attention, because she finally turned around and came back to the corner. She said that the sun had been shining in her eyes and that she didn't see AL. She also mentioned having glaucoma.
    What a shock! Thankfully, he only had bloodied knees and a bruise on his right thigh,  no broken bones or internal injuries.
      Later he tried to reconstruct what had happened:  "All I know is that I was walking across the street, then 'bam!' Something clipped me from behind and I found myself in the air. My first thought was 'hey, she didn't stop!' " The whole incident seemed surreal to us both. Just a few more inches, or a couple of seconds sooner and the tires would have run right over him.
      Believe me, I have a whole new appreciation for this man who has been my husband for the past 30 years. It's hard to even think of living without him. How thankful I am for the Lord's protection over him! God is so good!

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17 NIV

Comments

Popular Posts