More reader responses...

How has Good News / Good Medicine changed my life?
I had to think about this for a while. They are nice articles and always interesting but life changing, I don't know.
That is what I thought, then it occurred to me that they are some of the simple pleasures of life, light, easy, enjoyable. But simple pleasures are not that simple. Take for instance stopping to smell the roses, eating a tomato off the vine... Someone had to plant and tend the garden, water, prune, fertilize...Someone had to think of the story, write it so that it relates to our lives, search out the scriptures for a verse that relates to the story, edit, print, publish... So those simple pleasures evolve great efforts, and are nothing short of miraculous.
When you analyze simple pleasures you see that God's hand is involved. God is the joy in a smile, the warmth in a hug, the sent in a flower, the flavor in a home grown tomato, the uplift in Good News.
So how has Good News changed my life, by helping me to find God in the details and have a more intimate relationship with our Lord.
Thank you for all you do.
Your brother in Christ,
Glenn
___________________________________________________________________
Dear Judy and Al,

The presence of the Holy Spirit is an ever present encouragement to me.  Often times His presence is a nudge to do or say something that serves God and those around me.  He ministers to those around me when I accept his fruit, live and receive nourishment by it.  And I know that even though I grieve Him at times, he calls me back and forgives me.  This is truly amazing!!

 The Holy Spirit and I have a strong bond.  I could liken it to the directions on a Rubber Cement can:  For a permanent bond, wipe cement on both surfaces before joining them.  Once they are put together the bond may damage the adhered surfaces if they are pried apart. Like damaged goods, I can't really function as a whole person when I try to do things without the Holy Spirit -- He is literally, stuck to my soul like Rubber Cement!

He who believes in the Son of God has the witness in himself; he who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed the testimony that God has given of His son.  And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.  1 John 5:10-11
Kathryn
____________________________________________________________________________
...However, every Christian should be able to explain some thought about the difference that the Gospel makes in one's life.  Were it not for the Good News of the Gospel, John 3:16, where would any of us be eternally, except lost. Jesus is my Redeemer, my spiritural mentor, and, even now, is preparing a place for me for eternity to be with Him.
 
The Holy Spirit is my Guide, Encourager, One who convicts of any transgression, and prompts my enthusiasm for all things spiritual.
 
Nothing profound here but from the heart.  Just touching base with you that all is well with my soul. 
 
It is by grace, not by works, lest any should boast.
 Joyfully,
 Glenda
______________________________________________
This is timely, timely because I have been lately more sensitive to unjustices.  I wonder how I can help, how the evil can be stopped, solutions found.  What I am referring to is in the attachment I am sending you with this email (deportation of illegal immigrants).  It makes me wonder if we are a Christian nation that many vocal "christians" are yelling they are, and the nation is.  Yet this moral breach is so remeniscent to me of the hypocrocy  Christ railed against with the religious legalists of his time.  I cry. What can I do? I saw this article from Yahoo news last night.  I did cry.  

I knew of a case in Taft when I taught there.  A husband was "caught" and dumped in Mexico, his wife and kids suddenly with no wage earner, alone in Taft.  He had a kidney problem and without medicine and no way to get it, he died.  He was a good person, a hard working family man.  It was morally reprehensible.  I am sickened by what is happening, and what happened.  There has to be humanity in sending people back if that is what we want to do as a nation.  Does "Good News" make a difference? Only if we act to create God's way in our communities.   Leslie
 

Comments

Popular Posts