"So what difference does the Good News make in my life ?"

"What difference does the good news make in my life?"
     I wanted to know what you thought...here are some of the responses:  
____________________________________________________________________               

It makes all the difference in the world!  Life is not easy or free of pain, even as we get older, we just don't say much about the pain, what good would it do?  But we have hope of a new life, freedom, someone who loves us unconditionally, peace in a world of turmoil, and a steady hand of direction.  We always have someone to consult, inner joy and answers to prayer. It is what keeps me going.  I just don't see how the hypotheses of evolution could do that. 
Steve
_____________________________________________________________________

After a few minutes of reflection, my answer is:
 The good news means I am loved and accepted by God.  It means I am free to love and give without the need to receive back from men.  It means I can be joyful no matter the circumstance because the One who holds all things in His hands has walked where I walk.  It means I don’t have to live as a slave to sin but can choose to submit instead to God and His ways.  It means that the life I live has  purpose and that my death, well, that too will be good news for me.
Don’t know if that helps, but that’s what first came to mind!
Christine

Well, since I began pursuing Jesus wholeheartedly, he transformed my ambitions from completely selfish to something that lifts people up, brings healing to communities, and impacts the world in a small way. 

I started going to Indiana University hoping to refine my skills as a violinist in order to find fame and glory as a musician. When Jesus began transforming my character, I started to re-imagine how my gifts as a musician could be used for good purposes. Jesus is who inspired my dream to start the summer music program in Porterville. I saw that the majority of students in town have little access to high quality music camps because of cost. I saw that many people see that Porterville is a town to leave - and not a town to invest in. But seeing the world through Jesus' eyes, I see that students don't deserve to be deprived of such opportunities because of money, and Porterville is a beautiful place that's proved to have been so formative in shaping me into the person that I am now. It's rich in culture, and full of beautiful people, young and old, with so much wisdom to give!  Hope this helps!
Rodelyn

I think for me there's even a preliminary question to this. "Jesus, what is Good News to my heart today?"... because I think of "the good news" as going beyond what we often think of as "the gospel". Jesus in my life is fresh, living, daily, and relevant, and each day my heart needs to be cared for in this way. 
Love,
Sylvia


Comments

Popular Posts