Close Calls!

This afternoon I had a very close call while making a left turn out of the supermarket onto a main street. I stopped for a car which was turning into the driveway and then pulled out to make the turn. There was a car directly behind it which somehow I didn't see. I slammed on the brakes...and so did the driver of the other vehicle. There were only a few feet separating us.

The other car would have hit  the right front bumper of our Ford Escape  if he had kept going.  How could I have not seen it coming? After skidding to a stop, I backed up a little bit so that I was in the driveway and let him pass. I almost got out to see if there was a dent in the car. It was amazing that we didn't have a collision.

Thank you, Lord, for protecting both drivers, our vehicles and any other people who might have been injured. Please help me to be more aware of my surroundings while driving. I want to stay off the road if I'm a threat to others. Show me when it's time...and meanwhile help me to become the best driver I can be. In Jesus' name Amen.

Have you been aware of the Lord's protection over you or your family recently? I'd love to hear your story! 

Comments

Popular Posts