Key West--the Southernmost Part of the State


We spent Wed. evening and all day Thursday in Key West,"helping out the local economy," as Al put it! The Conch Train took us on a great tour around the city and gave us its historical background.





The Glass Bottom Boat tour was really wonderful. The boat took us on a 45 minute ride out to the shallow reef which extends for over 280 miles along the Keys. Then, we drifted over the reef and were able to see many different types of coral, as well as creatively and beautifully designed fish which inhabit the reef. The current was fairly smooth so the visibility was good and we were able to get a good glimpse of life on the ocean floor without getting wet!



Looking through the glass bottom of the boat was just fascinating! I was disappointed when we had to turn around for the shore.Tomorrow we'll be driving back to Miami and then will fly home on Saturday. We've had a great time sight-seeing, reuniting with old friends and meeting some new ones.
What a blessing!

"Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." Psalm 139: 7-10

Posted by Picasa(Pictures by Al Lowery & one passenger)

Comments

Popular Posts