From LA to Miami...our tour of Florida

Day one:
     Al and I were wide awake at 3:00 a.m. talking...too excited to go back to sleep until the 4:00 a.m. wake up call. Yikes! We arrived at the airport right on time and were in the air by 6:20 a.m.
     Good flight to Miami via Atlanta. We touched down around 5:00 p.m. I had to learn how to use the new smart phone's gps to get from the airport to the hotel in North Bay Village. After speaking into the phone and stating the address, the directions came back very clearly. We found the hotel with only one wrong turn, and were even told how to turn around and get back on the right road without being yelled at! It was a strange feeling depending on that phone so completely... I felt like it was taking over the place of God in my life. Help me, please dear Lord to never get pulled away from you!
      The day ended with a wonderful fish dinner, sitting on the waterfront patio of a restaurant. Just as the food was served, we felt a light sprinkle. "Oh well," I said, "it's nothing." But people started running for cover, carrying their plates, cups and  silverware with them. And then in an instant, it just poured buckets of water. The locals knew!
       The rain brought us together with a friendly woman who had come to the sports bar to watch a basketball game! Funny! Al and I ended up seeking shelter and saw a lady sitting by herself at a table. We had a great conversation and even shared a brownie sundae with her.
      "Oh," she said, "The rain happened so that we could meet. My friends never showed up and I was going to just sit here by myself and watch the game alone."
       Ten minutes later, the rain stopped completely...and we said "good-bye." It turned out that she was an independent travel agent, living in Miami, who arranged cruises for people. "Call me if you need any suggestions of places to see while you're in Florida," she offered, handing us her card.
      Say, we just might do that!
 See? God really is in control! Forget the smart phone!
Now...on to day #2....

Comments

Popular Posts